This is a recipe from NF Rebel Chef Noel.
Today we’re going to be looking at a recipe that is super easy to make, but looks really elaborate and impressive.
Maybe you’ve invited someone special over to cook dinner with you. Or heck, maybe you just want to treat yo self to a nice meal because it’s Thursday, you work hard, and damnit, you deserve it.
Well, look no further!
I’m all about fancy-looking recipes that take a minimal amount of time. Most of us Rebels work a full-time job, some of us have families, and on top of all our daily responsibilities, we’re doing our best to get and stay healthy. Steve always says80% of winning this game is diet, so why not make this part as easy as possible?
This recipe should take no longer than 30 minutes, depending on your knife skills. And you can get to dinner time even quicker by making the pineapple salsa ahead of time!
Pan Seared Salmon and Pineapple Salsa
Prep time: 18 min
Total Time: 30 min
For the salsa:
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/4 pineapple
- 1/4 onion
- 3/4 bell pepper
- 1/2 jalapeno – or more if you like it spicier! Bonus point if you roast the jalapeno first!
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1 tsp (5ml) lime juice
- 1/4 (1.23ml) tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp (1.23ml) red pepper flake
- handful of chopped fresh cilantro
FOR THE FISH:
- 1 lb (453g) salmon filet (wild caught preferred) – Ask the person behind the counter to cut your fish from the thickest part of the filet.
- 1 tsp (5ml) coconut oil (for pan-frying)
- salt & pepper to taste
- cutting board
- small mixing bowl
- measuring spoon
- frying pan