A lot of people nowadays believe that weight loss supplements simply do not work. What they don’t understand is that they are called “supplement” for a reason. They are not miracle-in-a-bottle supposedly capable of making your fat go away, nor are they magical “drink me” potions that instantly make you smaller. They are supposed to be used with, or to supplement, proper exercise, hence the name.
Weight loss supplements usually contain ingredients that does help you lose weight, either by reducing your appetite, reducing the absorption of fat, or increasing the fat burning capabilities of your body. Green tea, green coffee, and l-carnitine all have scientific support on their weight loss properties. Scientific studies, such as one made by National Center for Biotechnology Information, or NCBI for short, found that the chlorogenic acid found in green coffee does have an effect on body weight. The research conducted by NCBI showed that among 30 overweight individuals who participated in the experiment, those who drank green coffee high on chlorogenic acid lost almost thrice as much weight compared to those who drank regular coffee.
Weight loss supplements gained a bad reputation due to companies who make false claims that their pills will magically make them lose weight without any form of diet and exercise. This doesn’t mean that they don’t work, as there are authentic food supplements out in the market. There are also options such as a saxenda pen that some people may use as a complementary medication to aid their weight loss journey. Of course, such medication should only be used under medical supervision and consultation, alongside a reduced-calorie diet and increased exercise.
Here are some of the top weight loss supplement ingredients, as proved by science:
• Caffeine – perhaps one of the most well know ingredient, caffeine works as a metabolism booster, thus speeding up the consumption of energy of your body. Although you should be wary of caffeine overconsumption, as it can cause anxiety, lack of sleep, or irritability. It’s best to follow the recommended amount of consumption.
• Raspberry Ketones – responsible for the distinctive raspberry smell, this natural ingredient works by increasing the breakdown of fat and the levels of a hormone named adiponectin, believed to promote weight loss.
• Green Coffee – aside from the chlorogenic acid mentioned above, green coffee also contains caffeine, doubling its weight loss power.
• Glucomannan/Konjac – found in the roots of the elephant yam, this fiber works by absorbing water in your stomach and converting them into a gel-like state, thus making you feel full longer which makes you eat less.
• Green Tea Extract – this natural extract is one of the most popular weight loss ingredients. It contains the antioxidant epigallocatechin gallate, believed to aid in the burning of body fat. It also increases the activity of the hormone norepinephrine, also responsible for burning of fat.
• Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) – a type of healthy trans-fat found naturally in foods such as cheese and butter, CLA helps reduce your appetite, boost body metabolism, and stimulate the breakdown of fat.
Just remember that these ingredients are supposed to help you lose weight but should be taken with proper diet and exercise. You can find a variety of weight loss supplement containing these ingredients at Supps R Us.